RSVP For This Event
Gardening season is upon us! Join us for our Spring Seed Swap and networking potluck on Tuesday, April 18 (6-8pm) at Mountain Run Farm (Camp Sedalia) in northern Bedford County. Don’t want to swap seeds? Just come for the networking!
What do you need to bring to a seed swap? See the checklist below.
You can bring:
- Heirloom and / or organic veggie seeds to share.
- Veggie seedlings /small plants to share (please label all plants).
- Envelopes or small ziploc bags for taking seed.
- Marker or pen for labeling seeds if not in packet.
- Flower bulbs, seeds, and seedlings are also welcome.
- Seed catalogs or garden planning resources for onsite viewing.
- Seed saving resources for onsite viewing.
Please note: Your seeds, and seedlings / small plants can be home-cultivated or store bought. If you have no seeds or plants to share – come anyway, take seeds home, and financially support the Land & Table seed library before you leave.
- GMO or chemical coated seeds.
- GMO seedlings / plants.
- Hybrid seeds.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring a main dish to share. This is a potluck. (Or your own dinner if you do not want to participate in the potluck).
- A friend (of course)!
- Your own dishware.
- Kids are welcome but they must be attended by an adult.
Dress for the weather. This will be an outdoor event but there will be cover.
If you or your family members are under the weather, or not feeling well, we ask that you stay home and rest 🙂
Mountain Run Farm, (Camp Sedalia) 1228 Charlemont Rd, Big Island, VA 24526