Spring is almost upon us and gardening will soon be in full swing. Join us on the evening of March 15 for a seed swap and social (+ potluck!) on Tuesday, March 15 (6-8pm), at the Sedalia Center in northern Bedford County.
We’re excited to be hosting our first seed swap! If you have never been to a seed swap, it is just what it sounds like – but maybe even better than you expect. What do you need to bring to a seed swap? See the checklist below. You can bring:
- Heirloom or organic veggie seeds to share.
- Veggie seedlings /small plants to share (please label all plants).
- Envelopes or small ziploc bags for taking seed.
- Marker or pen for labeling seeds if not in packet.
- Flower bulbs, seeds, and seedlings are also welcome.
- Seed catalogs or garden planning resources for onsite viewing.
- Seed saving resources for onsite viewing.
Please note: Your seeds, and seedlings / small plants can be home-cultivated or store bought. If you have no seeds or plants to share – come anyway, take seeds home, and financially support the Land & Table seed library before you leave.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- GMO or chemical coated seeds.
- GMO seedlings / plants.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
– Bring a main dish to share. This is a potluck.
(Or your own dinner if you do not want to participate in the potluck).
– Bring your own dishware (plate, utensils, etc).
This is an indoor event and is rain or shine.
Kids are welcome but they must be attended to by a parent during the event.
PLEASE NOTE: As always, if you are not feeling well, or have a persistent cough, we ask that you stay home and rest. Because…there are some things that are not good to share.
RSVP For This Event
This is a free event open to the public. Please support our work in organizing these monthly events. Make sure to ‘Tip the Chicken’ when you arrive. Thanks!