Rootstock is an experimental leadership core for the Land and Table community. The goal of these meetings is to coordinate planning, cast vision, and discuss ways to move forward the Land and Table vision to connect and cultivate the Lynchburg regional foodshed. These meetings do not replace our normal (3rd Tuesday) networking potlucks but we missed last week’s normal gathering due to possible hurricane impact. We will have a normal gathering again next month (October).
This informal meeting and potluck is open to anyone and everyone who cares about building a robust regional foodshed. There will be no formal networking time at these gatherings and discussion will be focused around a set agenda. If you have kids please bring quiet games, art supplies, or toys to occupy them. This meetings agenda will be:
- Updates on Land and Table LLC
- Summary of the vision for the Lynchburg Area Local Food Guide
- The need for a Business Advisory Core for the LLC
- The need for a Development Core for the L&T Network
- Using Merch to Fund the Foodshed – progress on the partnership with Slow Money Central Virginia
Again, the format will be a little different than our normal monthly potlucks – with a focus on planning, visioneering, and cultivating what we are calling ‘subterranean leadership in the Lynchburg regional foodshed’. For those who cannot make it we hope to record the meeting so you can stay in the loop if interested.
Tuesday, September 25 (6-8pm)
6:00-6:30 | Opening and Intros.
6:30-8:00 | Meeting with agenda while we eat.
WHAT TO BRING:
– Healthy dinner food to share (please label if possible)
– IMPORTANT: Your own dishware (plate or bowl, cup, silverware ,etc)
– A quiet game, art supplies, or toys if you are bringing kids (we will be indoors)